Want to apply for this position?
At EMJ, we are more than just General Contractors. We are People Serving People. In business for more than 50 years and a recognized leader in the construction industry, we strive to provide unique value and an unmatched client experience by living our values of selfless, trustworthy, and gritty.
Our Chattanooga, TN office is looking for an Accounting Analyst to join their team.
The Accounting Analyst position performs and oversees the tasks included in the full cycle accounting process and month end closing functions such as tracking of fixed assets, corporate job allocations, intercompany cost reconciliations, prepaid tracking/costing, month-end balancing, GL account reconciliations, sales/use tax analysis and returns, divisional reporting, and assists in internal and external audits for one or more of EMJ’s related companies.
What You Will Be Doing in This Role:
- Assists with monthly financial statement analysis and creation, internal and external reporting, including budget comparisons and projection analysis
- Balances and processes month end closing schedules, including preparing and posting adjusting journal entries
- Files/tracks tax payments that include: Sales/Use/Property/Corporate Income
- Prepares entries for corporate project allocations and analyzes projects for accuracy
- Assists with corporate subcontractor self-insurance program, including account reconciliation, tracking, coding of insurance premiums and claims, and reporting
- Assists with financial modeling and analysis on an ad hoc basis. Account reconciliation, tracking, and coding of insurance premiums and claims
- Prepares schedules required for audits, including: annual audit conducted by external CPA firm, state tax audits as required, internal sales and use tax audits for proficiency, and monthly internal audit, reconciliation, and analysis of sub ledgers. Ad hoc reporting as requested by Accounting management
What You Will Need For This Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance or 5+ years’ experience in comparable to EMJ environment
- Experience in Construction Accounting preferred, but not required
- Experience using Viewpoint (not required) and MS Office (with an emphasis on Excel)
EMJ rewards its employees with competitive pay and benefits, an outstanding work/life balance, a first class office environment, and a position that recognizes and rewards entrepreneurial spirit. Think you have what it takes to join our team?
To learn more about EMJ’s rich history and our mission of being People Serving People, visit us at www.emjcorp.com.
AA/EOE. E-Verify employer
EMJ is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.