Want to apply for this position?
Field HR Generalist
Signal Energy Constructors is a full service design/build contractor providing Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services for renewable energy projects across North America. In the recent 2016 Top 500 Solar Contractors list, as published by Solar Power World, we were the #5 contractor in North America. We are a Values based company and we are guided by a set of Core Principles. Every action we take, every decision we make, is guided by our Core Principles and Core Purpose of harnessing creative energies. We have a strong pipeline of business, and the growth we are experiencing is exciting.
We are in a period of tremendous growth with a number of large-scale projects in the pipeline, as well as work associated with the acquisition/creation of several subsidiaries. It is imperative to us that we maintain a dedicated focus on people to ensure we are providing every employee with the right type of support needed to help them harness their own creative energy. With a growing family of companies, it will be critical for the Global Talent Management team to provide the same level of support to our people out in the field as we do to the corporate office. To that effect, we are looking for a candidate with a wide variety of experience in the Human Resources/Talent Management space who can serve as an extension of the Talent team with a strong background in employee relations.
This position is located on our project sites. We will have one position based in Orla, Texas, and the other based in Lamesa, Texas.
- Employee Relations Management by cultivating a safe, honest and open team environment where all employees are engaged and aligned with the site’s goals
- Acts as a liaison between human resources, management and employees regarding policies/procedures/practices and employee relations
- Be accessible to all employees to provide an open avenue of communication and counsel associates with problems/needs; understand when escalating complex issues as required
- Provides oversight and conduct associate, safety, and compliance-related investigations, supporting root cause analysis, countermeasures, resolution, and application of progressive disciplinary actions where applicable
- Provides first level coaching and development of site staff
- Facilitates regular talent assessment and workforce planning discussions aligned with short and long-term business needs
- Responds to the changes in the business
- Communicates policies/procedures/employee benefits
- Assists in the identification, development and execution of site-specific, management, leadership development and compliance training
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking skills preferred
- Construction, renewables, manufacturing industry experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated exceptional communication skills
- Solid understanding of local, state, federal labor laws required
- Proven ability to influence others and demonstrate good judgement
- Strong understanding of HR systems
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, psychology, business, or related field required
- Advanced degree in HR, psychology, business, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in the Human Resources/Talent Management experience required
Value of Working for Signal Energy:
The true value of working Signal is in the opportunity to work in an environment where everyone is continually challenged to be the most creative version of themselves. To fuel that creativity, Signal offers a well-rounded compensation and benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Competitive Salary
- Extremely Competitive Incentive Opportunity (Bonus)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Energizer Health Perks
- Development Resource Fund
Signal Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses E-Verify.