Want to apply for this position?
Power Systems Engineer
This position will be the Interconnection Subject Matter Expert for Signal Energy DG and must be a technically competent electrical engineer with a personality for teaching and learning. The rest of the multidisciplinary team will rely on the SME for guidance surrounding interconnection, medium voltage design, and SCADA/DAS. The SME will play a key role in developing processes for the engineering team as a whole, as well as contribute to the training and development of fellow Engineers.
- Review utility documentation including interconnection applications, agreements, and studies.
- Support Business Development to ensure Signal delivers proposals that will cover the interconnection aspects of the job
- Work with Estimating to identify the interconnection equipment needed and define the scope for design and installation for medium voltage equipment
- Review layout and single lines from the Presales Engineers and advise them on accurate, cost saving interconnection design details
- Maintain a company standard for interconnection design details
- Review Electrical studies, manage scopes of work for consultants performing electrical studies, and occasionally conduct studies in house
- Independently take on internal projects involving research, testing, and seeking external expertise to draw practical conclusions
- Contribute to the training and development of technical skills for the rest of the engineering team
- Mentor junior engineers as they develop in their careers
- The role will require occasional travel for both office meetings and field visits to active construction sites, requiring PPE.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering preferred) from an accredited university
- 10+ Years of experience in Electrical or Power Systems Engineering role
- 5+ Years of experience in the PV Solar industry
- Professional Engineering license
Skills to be Successful
- Must be comfortable with the technical aspects of the job as well as business and client interactions.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations and emails. Project management skills are preferred.
- Must be a supportive team member, able to work in a collaborative environment as well as work on self-directed independent projects. Must be self-motivated with the ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Must be proficient in ETAP (or similar software), AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Preferable to also have experience with PVSyst and Procore.
- Fully remote work environment
- Engineering SMEs report directly to the VP of Presales & Engineering
- Travel will be required for office meetings and visits to project sites, up to 10%.