Want to apply for this position?
At EMJ, we are more than just General Contractors. We are People Serving People. In business for more than 50 years and a recognized leader in the construction industry, we strive to provide unique value and an unmatched client experience by living our values of selfless, trustworthy, and gritty.
Our Chattanooga, TN office is looking for a Project Engineer for the Preconstruction department as well as our Project Management teams.
The Project Engineer position assists project team members in the successful completion of a construction project. This includes assisting the project team through the decision, planning, and execution phases with the aim of defining and creating value for our clients. Our Project Engineers are “Leaders in Training” and given an individual career path that has specific steps. It is a structured program, with flexibility, with a baseline goal of spending 2 years in the field assisting a Superintendent and 2 years in the office, which is broken down into approximately 1 year working with the Project Management Department and 1 year with the Preconstruction Department before taking the next career step.
What You Will Be Doing in This Role:
- Assists in bid solicitation, takeoffs and bid scope review
- Conducts subcontractor reference checks
- Expedites Joint Check Agreements, Letters of Credit and Personal Guarantee
- Expedites contract execution and receives insurance certifications
- Schedules and participates in buyout meetings
- Identifies miscellaneous costs such as permits, taxes, insurance, licenses, etc.
- Assists in document reviews
- Assists in Site Punch and due diligence trips
- Schedule and participate in buyout meetings
- Identifies and mitigates safety and SWPPP issues
- Expedite RFI’s and maintains the RFI log
- Participates in the quality control program
- Expedites materials to the job site
- Prepares daily reports
- Prepares and maintains the FWO log
- Reads and understands subcontract agreements
- Issues notice to proceed to subcontractors
- Reviews and coordinates shop drawings
- Coordinates tenant up fit and fixture process
- Updates and maintains the job site plans
- Assists in the change order process and change management
- Participates in project turnovers
- Updates the jobsite plans and Exhibit A
- Assits in the project start up and close out process, including documentation
- Assists in preparing submittal logs and material delivery logs and process
- Assists in the payment process and collecting lien waivers
- Participates and assists in the BIC meetings
- Helps create, maintain and update project schedules
- Assits in preparing for monthly project reviews/cost reports
What You Will Need For This Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related area
- Experience is preferred, but not required
- Ability to relocate with assigned jobs (for field rotation)
- Some travel required
EMJ rewards its employees with competitive pay and benefits, an outstanding work/life balance, a first class office environment, and a position that recognizes and rewards entrepreneurial spirit. Think you have what it takes to join our team?
To learn more about EMJ’s rich history and our mission of being People Serving People, visit us at www.emjcorp.com.
EOE. E-Verify employer.
EMJ is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.