Want to apply for this position?
Project Manager – AHV
Applied High Voltage (AHV) is an electrical engineering and construction company with expertise in high voltage grid interconnection and transmission. AHV delivers top-notch talent, personalized service and quality Electrical Engineering and EPC projects. We are seeking a Project Manager to work with our projects team at our corporate office in Albany, NY.
Manage AHV EPC Projects, specifically accepting overall project responsibility to ensure the overall success of the Project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Direct oversight of all contractual and financial obligations to complete the project on-time and within budget.
- Perform and present all financial budgeting, billing, tracking and reporting of the Project.
- Develop, update and report on critical path project schedules.
- Lead project meetings to update and track the project progress.
- Work with Pre-Construction, Procurement, and Engineering to determine the best Procurement strategy, confirming complete and competitive pricing meeting of Project specifications.
- Proactively manage Engineering & vendor drawings to confirm all design packages are timely.
- Continuously communicate with subcontractors and vendors to ensure they are meeting the required contract dates.
- Oversee and resolve any project and vendor/subcontractor related issues.
- Coordinate daily with Site Managers to confirm items, quality, and quantities received agree with what was ordered.
- Participate in negotiations with vendors, sales representatives and subcontractors for materials, equipment and/or services to support budget and project specific requirements.
- Manage AHV’s relationship with clients, vendors and subcontractors to support successful project execution
The successful candidate will have the following Skills/Experience/Abilities:
- Detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written skills.
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to lead, direct and influence the project team.
- Some prior contract knowledge and negotiation experience.
- Basic understanding of technical drawings & ability to read and understand specifications.
- Capability and inclination to research and self-teach unfamiliar subject matter.
- Strong MS Office and computer skills (particularity Word, Excel, Outlook, Project or P6).
- Strong time management, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Civil, construction, mechanical, and electrical (Medium to High Voltage) experience preferred, not required.
- College degree required, Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in Construction Project Management.
- Ability to travel to the construction project sites.
- A minimum of 30% of the employees work time will be required for travel to the project sites. Travel to the projects sites will significantly increase during the actual construction of the projects.
Applied High Voltage is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and 401K.