Want to apply for this position?
Senior Project Manager
At EMJ, we are more than just General Contractors. We are People Serving People. In business for more than 50 years and a recognized leader in the construction industry, we strive to provide unique value and an unmatched client experience by living our values of selfless, trustworthy, and gritty.
Our Chattanooga, TN office is looking for a Senior Project Manager with experience managing commercial construction projects in the $30M – $100M range.
The Senior Project Manager position plans, leads, and coordinates all activities associated with the overall execution of a construction project in order to minimize risk and maximize return. Senior Project Managers participate in the conceptual development of a construction project with the Preconstruction department and oversees the organization, scheduling and implementation of the project in order to achieve the common goals of the project team.
What You Will Be Doing in This Role:
- Collaboratively creates and manages the milestone schedule for the Client
- Identifies, qualifies, and eliminates/minimizes exposures to the client/project team
- Provides project coordination through communication with the project team and integration of the budget
- Coaches and mentors other project team members
- Networks with architects, engineers, owners, developers and subcontractors in the community and assists in business development to secure new work
- Provides support and acts as a resource for the superintendent to ensure that all needs are addressed
- Develops and communicates the scheduling plan with all parties involved to ensure execution as designed
- Ensures that the correct materials are identified, reviewed, and approved on time
- Manages the submittal process and maintains accurate and updated material delivery logs to ensure all necessary materials are delivered on time
- Plans and coordinates all preconstruction meetings (general, city, and mini-construction meetings) to discuss inspections, communicate requirements and manage expectations
- Ensures positive cash flow and timely payment by all parties
- Defines, reviews, and manages the owner pay application process throughout the project
- Responsible for the change request process to ensure they are accurate and submitted in a timely manner
- Reviews and reports all aspects of the construction project and is held accountable for scheduling, pre-construction meetings, subcontract execution, submittals, material delivery, RFI’s, change orders, cash flow, and start-up/close-out terms
What You Will Need For This Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related area
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in project management or general contracting on commercial construction projects in excess of $30M.
- Computer skills using Viewpoint, Procore, MS Project, and MS Office
- OSHA 10 Hour Minimum and SWPPP Training
- Travel Required, up to 30%
EMJ rewards its employees with competitive pay and benefits, an outstanding work/life balance, a first class office environment, and a position that recognizes and rewards entrepreneurial spirit. Think you have what it takes to join our team?
To learn more about EMJ’s rich history and our mission of being People Serving People, visit us at www.emjcorp.com.
AA/EOE. E-Verify employer
EMJ is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.