Want to apply for this position?
Wood-Frame Superintendent – Traveling
At EMJ, we are more than just General Contractors. We are People Serving People. In business for more than 50 years and a recognized leader in the construction industry, we strive to provide unique value and an unmatched client experience by living our values of selfless, trustworthy, and gritty.
Our Dallas office is looking for several wood-frame, multi-family Superintendents to join our project teams for projects in the South. Must be willing to travel.
The Superintendent position effectively manages projects in the $10M-$50M range. This role provides management oversight for all phases of the construction project assigned including coordinating workers, material, and equipment; ensuring that plans and specifications are being followed; work is proceeding on schedule and within budget; and all work is being conducted in a safe and professional manner.
What You Will Be Doing in This Role:
- Communicates with owners and architects about progress and any necessary modification plans
- Conducts onsite meetings with architects, engineers, and owners, etc.
- Develops a cost effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern to meet scheduled completion dates
- Tracks and maintains construction schedule to achieve completion of project within time and budget allocated
- Regularly reviews and understands all contract documents (plans, specifications, testing requirements, as-built requirements, close-out requirements, etc.) and ensures all EMJ team members and subcontractors have updated contract documents and shop drawings
- Oversees/conducts/documents weekly coordination meetings with subcontractors as necessary
- Accurately and timely prepares daily reports and field documentation, including jobsite photos
- Sets performance expectations of all EMJ team members and subcontractors, delegates work and responsibility appropriately, and keeps team members accountable for their work
- Issues Field Work Orders and Notices of Non-Conformance Documentation
- Conducts First Work Inspections
- Routinely inspects work being performed on the project to ensure quality is being achieved
- Schedules, logs and tracks testing and inspections
- Oversees safety regulations and procedures
- Corrects any safety violations
- Oversees and conducts weekly safety meetings with all subcontractors
- Ensures jobsite is kept clean, safe and secure at all times
What You Will Need For This Role:
- At least 5-15 years of experience supervising all phases of ground up multi-family construction projects, ranging from $10M-$30M in value.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Required certificates/licenses: OSHA 30 hour minimum, First Aid-CPR, Certified Competent Person (Fall Protection, Scaffolding, and Trenching)
- Must be able to read and understand plans, specifications, and shop drawings
EMJ rewards its employees with competitive pay and benefits, an outstanding work/life balance, a first class office environment, and a position that recognizes and rewards entrepreneurial spirit. Think you have what it takes to join our team?
To learn more about EMJ’s rich history and our mission of being People Serving People, visit us at www.emjcorp.com.
EOE/AA. E-Verify employer.
EMJ Construction is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.