Our top priority during this time is the health and well-being of our people and their families. Below is a list of ideas to maintain well-being while working remotely so that you can stay healthy and safe.
- Get outside for some fresh air and sunlight
- Drink lots of water
- Eat healthy, whole foods – keep healthy snacks and fruit around instead of sugary and processed items
- Put a recurring reminder in your calendar to move throughout the day – take calls standing, stretch, walk around, etc.
- Maintain regular exercise routines – look for free exercise apps or videos on YouTube such as Nike Training, Seven Minute Workout, Daily Yoga, Strava, etc.
- Create a challenge for yourself and/or with colleagues, friends, etc.
- Maintain a regular sleep schedule – aim for at least 7 hours/night
- Incorporate some ergonomic exercises into your workday – sitting on a yoga ball, shoulder rolls, body stretches, etc.
- Schedule small breaks throughout the day or utilize your lunch break to do an activity you enjoy – read, play an instrument, bake, FaceTime a friend or family member, etc.
- Utilize free apps (such as Insight Timer, Headspace, Calm) to encourage meditation and mindfulness
- Use multiple channels to stay in touch with co-workers (text, video, chat, phone, e-mail)
- Create a space dedicated to work only and keep it tidy
- Use your “commute” time to take a pre-work walk, prep food for the day, read, journal, etc.
- Dress as if you were going into the office (aka don’t stay in your pajamas all day)
- Take a lunch break
- Keep a regular work schedule and plan to turn off your computer by a certain time each day and walk away
- Maintain or create a schedule for your children so they have some structure
- Check out this great resource if you need help providing activities for them while you work
- Be sure and get quality time with family members each day
We’re proud of all our EMJ Construction people who demonstrate resiliency during this time.