H-E-B Opens Its First Store in Lubbock
This week H-E-B opened its latest store in Lubbock, a first for the city. Built by EMJ Construction, the 122,000-square-foot store continues the retailer’s expansion into West Texas, where it has eight stores.
Filled with some of the most modern amenities, innovations and features H-E-B offers, the vibrant location offers distinctive features such as a Sporting Zone shop, which will be fully stocked with Texas Tech and local high school apparel and accessories; a True Texas BBQ, H-E-B’s lauded barbecue restaurant that was recently named best barbecue chain in Texas by Texas Monthly and a top barbecue chain in the nation by Thrillist; and a fuel station with a car wash.
Additional store highlights include:
- H-E-B Curbside and Home Delivery, which allows customers to place orders online for pickup at the store or delivery to their home
- True Texas BBQ restaurant with indoor seating, drive-thru and catering options
- H-E-B Pharmacy with two-lane drive-thru service and dietician office offering nutritional services
- Meal Simple department with fresh, convenient chef-inspired meals prepared in store
- Seafood department with fresh fish and seafood, and in-house steamers for steamed seafood upon request and grab-and-go options
- Meat market with prime, natural, and organic meats, dry-age beef and fully cooked options
- Large beer and wine section with extensive craft beer selection and wine tasting kiosk
- Deli department with expanded cheese selection
- Cooking Connection with live demonstrations and samplings for easy recipes to make at home
- A bakery department featuring handmade artisan breads, cakes and tortilla machine
- Health & Wellness department with bulk food items, sports nutrition products and supplements
- Texas Backyard featuring plants, pottery, grills, and outdoor essentials
- Blooms floral department, offering online ordering and delivery service
To provide a world-class shopping experience, the store will incorporate exciting, digital services that give customers choices on how they shop, pay for and receive their products. This includes H-E-B Curbside and Home Delivery, a digital service that allows customers to place orders online for pickup or delivery to their home.
As it opens in Lubbock, H-E-B continues to be a dominant economic driver across the state and West Texas. As the largest privately held employer in Texas, the H-E-B Lubbock store will employ nearly 500 employee Partners, with more than 70 percent hired from the local community.
“We’re extremely proud to work for a company like H-E-B, an iconic Texas brand,” said George Heath, Vice President of Construction at EMJ Construction. “I’m very proud of our entire team for making this vision a reality.”
The EMJ Construction team included Matt Connors, Erick Perez, Donny Scott, Andrew Scott, Mark Miller, Bryceson James, Kathryn Mueller, Nancy Mickle, Lucy Scott, Mindy Evans, and Bobby Bass.
Check out this article for more information.